Home > A review of the Aria Las Vegas Hotel Casino and Hotel on the Strip
A review of the Aria Las Vegas Casino and Hotel
One of MGM Group's flagship hotels, the Aria Las Vegas hotel and casino has over 4000 rooms which includes the very elusive and much-talked about Sky Suites.
Having stayed at the Aria Las Vegas
once twice now, we can say that amenities are its thing and you can tell that they were planned, rather than crammed in through poor design skills that you see at some other casinos close by. The nightclubs, bars, and restaurants make for a great night without ever having to leave the resort, which I have to admit I have done a couple of times - it's a great feeling being able to walk from a nightclub to get something to eat without your shoes on!
Aria Las Vegas is a 5-star resort positioned on Las Vegas Boulevard. Opened in 2009, it is a mere seven years old. Having four thousand rooms, it's known for being one of Las Vegas' biggest hotels and Aria is an unordinary hotel - I heartily recommend it.
The casino is huge and I really like the layout - and the poker room was very kind to me indeed (sorry Mr. Big Cheese from Pittsburgh, but when you have a pair of threes against aces, well it's always going to win, right?).
Eating here is pleasant with Aria restaurants and Aria buffet highly regarded by us. Aria breakfast choices are decent too.
If you like the Aria, you would also like Cosmopolitan, Wynn, Encore, Bellagio, Mirage, Four Seasons, Nobu Hotel and Delano, we suspect.
The Aria is a hotel that you just can't see getting old and tired for at least 20 years. Same as the newer Vegas hotels like the Vdara.
This video shows just how impressive the Sky Suites at the Aria are - don't get jealous, now.
Aria Hotel Review #2
Hotels like the Aria are the 2000's version of the 90's Excalibur and Luxor - but with 10-20 years of research and understanding of the Vegas vacationer that has gone into how the hotel/casino should look, feel and appeal. Rather than building a 'Luxor' today, a hotel company would build something that looked more like the Aria - and indeed, that's what they did. MGM Group has taken the best features from hotels such as the Wynn and other great hotels of the world and brought them together into what is an excellent place to stay in Las Vegas.
Places to eat and drink at the Aria:
- American Fish by Michael Mina
- ARIA Cafe
- Bar Masa
- Breeze Cafe
- Burger Lounge
- Five50 Pizza Bar
- Jean Philippe Patisserie
- Jean-Georges Steakhouse
- Julian Serrano
- Roasted Bean
- Sirio Ristorante
- Tetsu Teppan Grill
- The Buffet
Not that it's as good as the Wynn, but it's not to be sniffed at, either. Aria is a great hotel and casino with zero faults - but it's not top, top of the range - just one of the top of the 2nd tier hotels in the city (the top tier being the Wynn and Encore). If you understood that last sentence, then you are a better man/woman than me! :)
The Aria hotel and casino is impeccably clean - it looks pretty much just as good as it did in 2009.
The location is excellent, rooms are excellent - how you get around the place is excellent - facilities are excellent with some truly great places to eat, drink and be entertained, but it doesn't have the final, extra, extra touches that you would get at the Wynn and Encore - but don't let that stop you - it's a much cheaper option and if your time in Vegas is spent largely sightseeing, rather than in your own hotel, then it makes financial sense to stay at the Aria over the Wynn.
Brilliant and excellent, but not the Wynn.
Interesting things from our reviews of Aria Hotel and Casino
- Aria is a resort that provides an awesome 5-star experience.
- Sixteen restaurants and an excellent buffet, but too few snack bars
- The decor at Aria is simple and largely modern, beds are most comfy, and bathrooms big and seductive.
- Aria matches offerings of luxury hotels like Encore and Bellagio by providing amenities that you would expect from a larger Vegas resort, from an adults party pool, to a great retail experience.
- The Asian-themed spa in the Aria has an excellent reputation and offers deep tissue Thai massage.
- Aria's Sage restaurant features in our roundup of the best Las Vegas restaurants in hotels.
- There are two towers at the Aria with eight room types as well as a few 'Sky Suites' that you must be invited to stay in.
- Try dinner at Twist in Mandarin Oriental which is just a short walk from the hotel - the wine is excellent.
- High cost of food and drink, but this is luxurious Vegas, so it goes with the territory.
- Aria features sixteen restaurants, including Jean-Georges Steakhouse, Julian Serrano Tapas, American Fish by Michael Mina and BARMASA.
- City Center is made up of three hotels (Aria, Mandarin Oriental and Vdara).
- Aria is the largest LEED Gold-Certified hotel in the world with' smart rooms' that automatically turn off electrical equipment and more as you leave.
- Currently, the Aria has the only ellipse shaped pools in Las Vegas
- Rooms at Aria are positioned so that most rooms have corner views.
- Colorful fountains dance outside, while inside Maya Lin's 'Silver River' sculpture is an awesome introduction to the place.
- Exceptional service is always expected from the staff of Aria Resort & Casino.
- The Aria offers a mobile check-in to help stop long waiting times.
- The casino has a state of the art ventilation system that gets rid of smoke.
- The Aria cafe opens 24/7 but can get busy at peak times as you would expect.
- Despite the casino being neon-heavy and windowless, other areas of the Aria have abundant natural light and lots of glass instead of brick, which is a nice change from many Vegas hotel resorts.
- There are 3 pools connected by landscaped paths.
- Aria has a 100-seat race and sports book which is very luxurious compared to most.
- Guests with vehicles need to enter from Las Vegas Boulevard which is just south of Harmon Avenue.
- If you like Cirque du Soleil, Aria hosts 'Zarkana' which is a visually stunning performance.
- The rooms have huge closets.
- Aria houses the Ivey Room, a private poker room with just one poker table with very high amounts being splashed across it!
- The Aria poker room offers some of the best comps on the strip - especially in the very early hours of the morning.
What did other guests of the Aria think about their stay?
- "Aria, a lovely resort on the Strip."
- "Excellent location"
- "Uncomfortable and Overpriced Accommodations"
- "Great hotel"
- "A bit of class amongst the crazy :-)"
- "Beautiful place, except for the meals"
- "Everything was very nice."
- "The location of the Aria is great."
- "Great hotel"
- "Very nice but not the best choice for not wealthy travelers"
- "Great hotel."
- "Good location - but hotel lacks personality very corporate"
- "Great place to stay with some limitations."
- "Employees were very helpful and polite"
- "Aria - fantastic hotel"
- "One of the best places to stay in Vegas"
- "I like the fitness center and the buffet"
- "Be careful on little extra costs"
- "Very comfortable room and bed."
- "Cosmopolitan much better"
- "First Class Elegance."
- "Great location"
- "Wish we had stayed for longer"
- "Aria Hotel is the reason we can't wait to come back to Vegas!"
- "Nice Hotel, service not as good as other 5 stars Hotels in Vegas."
- "Great place but very expensive"
- "Fabulous but expensive."
- "Great room, poor service at the front desk"
- "loved it!"
- "best ever hotel experience."
- "Big mistake"
- "Loved the aria!"
- "There are nicer hotels at the Strip!"
- "If you're struggling to choose a Vegas hotel, pick this one!"
- "Aria is exceptional."
- "Really central location on the strip."
- "Too expensive for what it was."
- "Aria Hotel super but not flawless"
- "Amazing 2-night stay"
- "Great hotel, might return for great prices"
- "great location and superb facilities"
- "Disappointing stay"
- "Fantastic views from room"
- "Luxury resort, worth the money"
- "Room and view were beautiful!"
- "Very high quality but just lacks soul"
- "City center location, nice facilities"
- "The staff and room were great if not the best."
- "Amazing resort"
- "Plusses and minuses at the Aria."
- "The Comfiest Beds!"
- "Fabulous Hotel!"
- "Lovely room overlooking the strip."
- "The room was modern"
- "Good location on the strip"
- "Great rooms but deceiving buffet credit"
- "Stylish resort - high room quality"
- "A pleasant introduction to Las Vegas"
- "Best hotel in Vegas"
Las Vegas Aria Roundup
Dining at Aria
Dining on the premises is great with Aria hotel restaurants and Aria buffet in particular highly endorsed by online food reviewers. Buffet price is decent. Aria breakfast choices are decent enough too.
Soon on this Aria Review...
In a few months we'll be adding an Aria map, Aria sports book info, Aria hotel booking deals and discounts and Aria valet parking guide.
A plan of this hotel review of Aria Vegas is to give tourists cheap deals, discounted package deals, bargains and low Aria room rates below offers elsewhere on the net. Currently we're working at adding cheap show tickets, offers on buffets, hotel promotions, and Aria Las Vegas promo codes.
Aria Room Information
Aria rooms and Aria suites are superb and comfy. The color scheme at this hotel is 'now', beds are very comfy, and bathrooms spacious and enticing.
Inside Aria Hotel
The Las Vegas Aria inside is beautiful with great decor. The Aria lobby is a great place to people watch. If you want to check out the Aria nightclubs or get tickets for shows, the Aria box office is located not too far away. And of course, the Aria wedding chapel is where your happiness could end.
Aria Pool and Spa
The Aria hotel pool is high-grade and Aria spa treatments along with soothing massages are top of the range in Vegas for when you want to spend time before a swim in the Aria pool.
Youtube Videos about Aria Hotel and Casino
ReviewsOfVegasHotels.com : Reviews of Vegas hotels including bedrooms, food and drink, poker rooms and a few hotel bargains.