Home > Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Review
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Review, Las Vegas
Hard Rock is a ★★★ resort rooted off-strip. Opened up in 1995, it's now twenty-one years of age. With approximately seven hundred guestrooms it's small for Vegas. The Hard Rock has some fans and some haters - if you love to party and dance to music, you'll love it.
Hard Rock has a different kind of vibe to it than most hotels in Vegas, we think. You sort of know what you're going to get and you let a lot of things ride that you wouldn't do in other Las Vegas casinos because, well, it's the Hard Rock, man! The casino floor is pretty typical, apart from the memorabilia everywhere in glass cases and I guess you would say it's somewhere between a very clean version of the Plaza casino floor and Gold Coast. Some great places to eat and drink of course and the pool is easy to get to, with the small beachy area empty if you go before 11am ;)
If you like the Hard Rock in Vegas, you'd probably like The D, SLS, Palms, Planet Hollywood and maybe Golden Nugget (although the last one is based purely on the vibe inside).
The Hard Rock brand is known all over the world and here's some interesting things about the hotel of the same name:
- Vinyl and The Joint are two really great music venues with Vinyl also hosting stand up comedy
- A couple of strip(er) joints very close - one is literally 43 paces from the entrance - we counted!
- A decent amount of meeting/event space - bet you didn't expect that at the Hard Rock eh?
- Hard Rock is one of the best Las vegas hotels to party at.
- It's also one of the best Las Vegas hotels to meet singles at (if you're looking for 'the one')
- Conferencing at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is surprisingly sophisticated, as is the business center
- In most other cities in the world, the Hard Rock would be the best casino and hotel around
- A really decent set of pools with some of the city's most beautiful people attending Fridays to Sundays for the Rehab Beach Club on Paradise Beach, at the Nirvana pool and the Breathe pool
- Very decent sized rooms at Hard Rock no matter what option you go for and the bathrooms that we saw were very smart
- Across three buildings, the rooms, suites and villas at the Hard Rock are very stylish and suit a younger crowd
- Close to Thomas and Mack Center
- Free shuttle to the Fashion Show Mall - with some of the drunkest people ever to have boarded a shuttle bus! :)
- CVS Pharmacy for hangover treatments and the morning after pill - especially useful at the Hard Rock
- Raucous nights are commonplace at the Hard Rock - it's a very party-friendly hotel and casino
- Rooms should be provided with Alka-Seltzer on the side table
- Hart & Huntington tattoo parlor on site - no regrets, now
- There's a great Italian restaurant across the street
- Poker games tend to be very weak here and not too enjoyable as they're full of young guys who've had too much to drink and too much posturing - if you can keep your headphones on and your head down, then there's some money to be won
- Pink Taco
- Mr Lucky's
- Juice Bar
- FU Contemporary Asian Cuisine
- Fuel Cafe Express
- Pizza Forte
- 35 Steaks + Martinis
- Fuel Café
- Culinary Dropout
- Goode Island Pub
- A good distance from the strip - almost just too far to walk, but not long enough for a cab ride. But when drunk, it doesn't feel any distance at all to the hard rock, especially when you realize the go-go dancers will be on display!
- A real blast - blink and you will miss something interesting and/or funny and/or sexy and/or memorable
- Lots of rock n roll memorabilia in almost every nook and cranny
- Much better experience than the often overpriced Hard Rock cafe's around the world
- Can have some great room rates mid-week
- Close to all those lovely students at UNLV
- Always seems to be great music playing no matter where you are at the Hard Rock
- Staff don't always remember that it's a hotel first and a blast second - some of the service can be pretty crappy
- Home of the Hard Rock Las Vegas penthouse, of course
- The Who’s bassist John Entwistle died at the Hard Rock in 2002, but we fail to see how that would give you good vibes!
- Some great mountain views if you're in to that sort of thing - although we found them very blurry after 21 gins the night before
- The occasional celebrity hangs out here, but luckily not the Kardashians
- Some stores that fit in with the vibe of the place - from lingerie to jewelry. Add that to the tattoo parlor and you could end up with a very big credit card bill at the end of your vacation
- Music, beer, girls, bikinis, sports on TV, girls, beer, pool parties, celebrities, bikinis, music, beer - Yeah!
YouTube Video Reviews of Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
© ReviewsOfVegasHotels.com : Reviews of Vegas hotels incl. rooms, suites, bars, restaurants, gaming areas and cheapest hotel rates.